Wednesday, November 25, 2009

A great experience

Three months ago I accepted a challenge, to be conference manager for RTS, the biggest regional conference for AIESEC Tg.Mures, AIESEC Cluj and AIESEC Sibiu that took place at the beginning of this month. It took me a while to decide but I’m glad I said “yes”. Beginning the work and the preparations I had a lot of frustrations regarding the conference, regarding the things we had to prepare (it was like I was again in AIESEC), but in the end it turned out to be a great experience. I really enjoyed the whole experience, I have been to many conferences and to many RTSs but I think this was the best one (maybe also because when you are an alumni you see things differently, and personally I really missed AIESEC, being there was a great feeling).


I liked the faci team – most of them I’ve meet just when I got there and the others I knew but I didn’t had the change to work with them before (with some exceptions). I think during the conference we truly were a team and we worked together, helping each other to make sure the delegates have a great experience but at the same time, we as well enjoy the conference. I missed working with people from AIESEC, who dedicate their time in preparing sessions, who put passion in what they do and who try to give their best in delivering training. I’m thankful for the great faci team because they contributed a lot to the success of this conference.


I enjoyed seeing some alumni from Cluj and Sibiu, even if I did not have much time to talk to them, is was nice seeing them there. I was a little bit upset because I was the only one from Mures, maybe next time we’ll be more.


I liked the fact the GN is working again. It is so great to see 3 LC shouting the GN shout, dancing the GN dance, working and having fun together.


I liked the energy and the atmosphere of the conference; I never saw so new members with so much energy and desire to learn. These are two things that I miss a lot (at work you don’t see such a thing). I liked the shouts, dances, roll calls, punishments (I don’t think I’ve ever been so much punished in a conferenceJ), the fun moments and all the people that were there.


In the end it was a great experience. After I left AIESEC I never thought I would have the chance to get involved again, and mostly live such a great experience. It seems once again that life is full of surprises.


Thank you AIESEC for such a great experience

No comments: